10 members of the Milwaukee chapter were present at our “temporary” meeting location, the upstairs gathering area of the Milwaukee Public Market. We plan to return there again next month to determine possible permanent spaces.
Our ideal space description:
- Available 7:30-9:30 on a set Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday once a month
- Space for up to 24 people seated
- Additional space to allow for networking before and after
- Private or at least semi-private space to accommodate presentations
- Located within 2 miles of downtown Milwaukee
- Low or no cost
- Available parking
We may not find a space with all of these attributes but there was a lot of discussion of possible spaces to consider.
Additionally, there was a lengthy discussion of the types of topics we want to consider for presentations. Topics which are broadly informative and useful to a business audience are welcome. Outside speakers as well as members would be welcome to speak. There was some discussion around joint meetings with other chapters as well as additional “social” gatherings.
Please join us Wednesday, August 16th, at the upper level of the Milwaukee Public Market if you want to provide your additional insight and ideas.